Dine Out Vancouver Festival Sweepstakes
Official Contest Rules
No purchase necessary to enter.
1) SPONSOR: Dine Out Vancouver Festival Gift Card Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the Dine Out Vancouver Festival group, led by the Metro Vancouver Convention and Visitors Bureau (“Destination Vancouver”), Suite 210 – 200 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 3L6, Canada (the “Sponsor”).
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents Canada, excluding Quebec and legal residents of Washington State, USA who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3) CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on Wednesday, January 17th at 9:00am PST and ends on Thursday, February 5th at 9:00am PST (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4) HOW TO ENTER:
Entry by Website:
(i) via Online Contest Form
You must have filled out all the required fields on the online contest form at www.dineoutvancouver.com/sweepstakes to enter using this contest entry method.
Post Entry Rules
- Your contest entry must: A) Be submitted using the online contest form; B) be in ‘good taste’ and must not be explicit, offensive or slander to any person, business or corporation as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; C) not violate any law or regulation; D) not be libellous, threatening or harassing; and E) not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. By completing an entry, Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5) CONTEST PRIZE:
The Contest has one (1) prize (approximate retail value is $2,000 CDN) (the “Prize”). It will include restaurant gift cards valued at approximately $2,000. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Destination Vancouver. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the “Winner”. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. The Winner must adhere to all rules and regulations governing the prize.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Destination Vancouver and all partners and affiliates to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The Selected Entrant (as defined below) is responsible for all travel, accommodation, parking and any other expenses associated with using the Prize.
By completing an Entry, each Selected Entrant assumes, on their own behalf and on behalf of each individual who uses the prize with the Selected Entrant, any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of the Prize. Prize or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
A confirmed winner can only win one (1) prize per person per account during the Contest Period.
6) ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest Draw Dates.
7) SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via e-mail or in-person upon prize pick up.
8) WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION:
The draw will be conducted on or around February 5, 2024. When the prize has all been drawn, the entrant will be notified by email.
The Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Destination Vancouver. Destination Vancouver and all affiliates shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within three (3) business days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT DESTINATION VANCOUVER‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9) RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The Winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the Prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless on behalf of him or herself and on behalf of any individuals who the Winner may bring with them, the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any Prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the
Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties, are in any way responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10) OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, email, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation. Entrants also consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone/cell number, email, and/or social media handles to receive promotional communications from the Sponsor.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by a single arbitrator chosen by the Sponsor, who shall conduct a final and binding arbitration in the city of Vancouver, province of British Columbia, where the unsuccessful party shall bear the entire cost of the arbitration.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor, and used with their permission. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Tourism Vancouver's Dine Out™ Vancouver Festival is Canada's largest annual food and drink festival, attracting over 100,000 local and visiting food enthusiasts to experience the city's exceptionally diverse culinary scene.
The festival gives diners the opportunity to select from hundreds of restaurants each offering unique three (or more) course prix-fix meals at $20, $30 or $40 per person, many complemented by the Wines of British Columbia, and craft beer or cocktails.